Wednesday 1 August 2012

New Job!

I did it!

Finally finally finally.


Three years, two months and one day since I was made redundant from YTV, I finally have a full-time job, a stable salary, a chance at a new and exciting career doing something that makes my brain tick.

I've learned so much and developed my skill-set enormously during the last few years working in the fitness industry. But (aside from a few evenings and the odd weekend) it's time to move on. It's time to be a grown up! Wear proper shoes and trousers that aren't always leggings! Not have to worry about doing a horrible tax return (errr....apart from this year's. and last year's, which I still haven't done.). Time to go and do what I want at the gym, instead of what my clients want.

Thanks to you all who have been lovely and supported me. It's been such a slog to get to this point, and I'm aware I've been quite hard work at times. Thanks to everyone who has given me advice (particularly my guardian angel Vic) and checked my grammar. To my Mum (who will be reading this) and to Sam (who won't) for being unfailingly supportive and picking me up when I was on the floor. I will never take a stable salary for granted again. EVER.

Anyway. Now it's time for some new adventures..... adventures in marketing and communications!

Who's with me?

9 comments:

  1. Well done! Oh I do like to start the day with good news :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations! sounds like a great job :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS! This is great news - so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still so happy for you Pensky - I keep thinking about it and grinning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome news!! Congratulations luv :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for you, mainly because I've been there and know how great it feels! I'm glad things are looking up for you! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations missus :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am late to the party but just want to say congrats, you deserve it, and I told you so x

    ReplyDelete